Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Welcome to the Banjo Homeplace

Hello and welcome,

My name is Devon and this is my first entry in what is to be my banjo blog.

Basically the plan is to use this blog to write down my thoughts on banjo playing, music etc. and to communicate with others out there who may be players or enthusiasts or simply curious gadabouts interested in discussing these things.

A little bit about myself; I am a 3 finger banjo player out of Coquitlam B.C. Canada. I currently play with The Tishomingo String Band, a bluegrass/newgrass quartet who perform mostly in the Vancouver Area. I also played and toured the U.S. with celtic rock quintet The Clumsy Lovers for a stint about 4 years ago. Some of my favourite banjo players include J.D. Crowe, Don Reno, Earl Scruggs, Bela Fleck, Dick Brown, Bill Emmerson, Alan Munde, Tony Trischka, Ralph Stanley, and Bill Keith.

I have been teaching banjo for 7 years now and hope to use this blog to share some of the ideas I have come up with for learning and playing the banjo as well as to discuss any banjo related topics (album reviews, concert reviews, Deliverance reviews)which may be of interest to others.

I do have a couple of playing videos up if you are interested in seeing who is writing this blog.

This is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...




Hopefully the future holds many interesting topics for the Banjo Hut so thanks for visiting and stay tuned.

Devon.

1 comment: